Monday 21 January 2013

Motivational Mondays: President Obama officially sworn in for 2nd Term

Barack & Michelle Obama at the swearing in ceremony 20:01:2013
 Congratulations, Obama!

Ok I am a little late with this one, but better be late than never, right? Forgive me, I am only just getting used to this blogging thing.....

Yesterday, Barack Obama was officially sworn in as President of the United States of America for the second time joining the likes of Thomas Jefferson, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton who all served two terms at the White House.

 I am motivated to do better, to strive and work harder, to love deeper and to believe I can and I will do whatever I set my heart out to do. For Barack Obama has proved once again: Impossible is Nothing, we can and we shall and indeed we have overcome.

I dont need to go into full details as to Obama's fight/struggle, I believe we all know this. However, I challenge you to be motivated to do that one thing you have been putting off for a while, or that thing you are actually scared of embarking on because you fear you might fail. The dream of a black man serving in the White House was once frowned at, unheard of even but today, because of Obama, it can be your son or my son's dream.

We need to learn to do better, especially as Nigerians. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that is impossible for you or myself to achieve. Through sheer determination, hard work and most of all the ability to sacrifice; time, leisure and our convenience for a purpose that can and will live long after we are gone, we can be who we set out to be, even better.

Please join me in wishing Obama a wonderful, success-filled second term, which indirectly means I get to see more of Mrs O's brilliant, fabulous style!

Check her out below in Thom Browne on Inauguration Day. Don't you just love her new look bangs?

 

Barack Obama and Martin Luther King Jnr's (he would have been 84 on Jan 15) dreams, pursuits and achievements are part of what motivates me.
 The Truth

What's yours?

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that" - Martin Luther King Jnr


Love & Light,

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment