The article below was written by expert blogger, Dayna Steele of The Fast Company. I have always found her articles useful and practical and thought it will be a good idea to share one with you today.
"You get up at what time?"
I hear that a lot, along with "You are so lucky." So, I'm going to help out here and let you in on the secrets of my success. Well, not all of them--but enough to show you the foundation I build on every day.
1. Wake up early. For the next week, get up a half an hour earlier that you normally do--and get going. If you get a few more things done, then get up even earlier the next week. Early in the morning is a great time to get work done because most of your associates have not started emailing, tweeting, IMing, or posting yet.
2. Read the headlines and watch the news. Not only should you know what is going on in the world, you will also be the first to recognize opportunities (if you followed #1) for you and your business--long before the competition has even had their first cup of coffee.
3. Send something to one person who can hire you or buy your product--something you promised to follow-up with, a quick email with a link to something relevant or a "Hey, just checking in to see how thing are going" email.
4. Touch base with an old friend or associate you haven't talked to in ages. Ask how they are, what are they working on and ask or suggest how you might help. You'll make their day.
5. Write a handwritten note to someone. Seriously. It is a lost art and makes quite an impression. There is always someone you can send a thank you note to--or you aren't doing things correctly.
Simple yet highly effective, in my opinion. And it is highly do-able too! Will you be trying this out, incorporating it into your weekly routine? It does not matter if you are fully employed or self-employed, a successful career person or a budding enterpreneur, these tips are guaranteed to push you one step higher in achieving more...or your money back.
From Dayna Steele, that is.