Tuesday 23 July 2013

VIDEO: Siohvaughn Wade, Ex-Wife of NBA Basketballer Dwayne Wade Takes To The Streets In Protest

Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn. Image Courtesy worldswagg

NBA basketballer Dwyane Wade's ex-wife Siohvaughn took to the streets earlier this week to stage a protest against the injustices she believed she had suffered in the hands of her ex-husband and father of her two kids and the United States Justice system. Siohvaughn and Wade were married in 2002 and filed for divorce in 2007 and had the divorce finalized after a lengthy battle in 2010, with the court granting custody of their two kids to Dwyane. Dwyane has since then moved on and entered into a very public relationship with actress, Gabrielle Union.
With now girlfriend Gabrielle Union


Siohvaughn told the Chicago Times “Dwyane Wade is offering to pay only some of what he owes me if I sign an agreement never again to discuss what happened in our marriage or with our children. I refuse, “I finally told Carr  (the judge) I just wanted to end the case and keep my freedom and my voice. I told him I didn’t want anything from Dwyane. The judge demanded the trial continue. I couldn’t believe it.”


Reports say that Siohvaughn had been with Dwyane from his days in high school and was the backbone he had in the early days of his career way before the NBA. My heart goes out to Sioghvaughn and I hope they are really able to sort out this mess before it goes out of hand.  Dwyane's attorneys released the following statement:

"Dwyane Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches have reached a financial settlement. The agreement was submitted in court last Tuesday, July 16 prior to Ms. Funches' recent unfounded and erratic public display outside the courthouse this past Friday," the statement said. "Despite false allegations by Ms. Funches claiming to be 'homeless' and 'destitute,' Dwyane Wade has maintained over the years financial support to his ex-wife by providing her with income over $25,000 on a monthly basis, timely paid for her home mortgage, maintenance and security at the house, 4 cars, insurance, taxes and all of her attorney fees throughout this process." The statement concludes, "Mr. Wade continues to hope that one day he will have a civil relationship with his ex-wife for the sake of their sons."

Wade and his two sons
I really hope Dwyane stands up and hands her what she wants at least for the sake of their old love and the two children they brought into this world. I have read reports of him being a good Christian and paying his tithes and all so please don't let people down by allowing the world to see you as being evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment