Thursday 27 February 2014

ETON College Scholarship For Newham 15 Year Old



A 15 year old boy who lives in one of Britain's most impoverished council estates in Forest Gate, London has won a scholarship to study A-level Politics, Philosophy and Economics at prestigious Eton College from September. The son of an Ethiopian immigrant, Ishak Ayiris attends Forest Gate Community School in Newham East London but will cross over to Eton on a two-year scholarship worth £76,000, a school which has produced 19 Prime Ministers including David Cameron.

Ishak said: “Drugs and crime have a big impact on our community here in Newham. “My parents are helped out by state support and benefits. But I see Newham as my home I want to live here for the rest of my life. I want to go and get the best education I can and come back and improve it.
“The people who live here, who were born here, know this area, they know the situation, they know the problems and they are the best people to solve these problems.”




No comments:

Post a Comment