Thursday 27 February 2014

Sooo Chic! Style Crush: Lupita Nyong'o




So much has been said about Lupita Nyong'o in the last couple of months, her acting prowess, her unique beauty, her humble beginnings..but none of that tops what a lot of people have had to admit about the Kenyan beauty who only made her American debut with the critically acclaimed movie 12 Years A Slave: homegirl's fashion game is top notch!! Surprisingly, she admits that she hasn't been a keen fan of fashion but had to educate herself when she realised she was going to be doing the press tour for 12 Years A Slave last year. She told the Telegraph:

"Until all this, I hadn't been a student of the fashion industry as a formal industry, "I wasn't the girl who bought the fashion magazines. I'd always just worn what appeals to me. When I knew I was going to be doing the press tour for 12 Years A Slave, I got to work and started researching what was happening in the formal world of fashion to try and articulate to myself what my style would be in it all," she said.


"It's been a great education - a great discovery - to find clothing artists who are doing things that I feel express something about myself. And there are so many."


Of course there are! Here are a few reasons why we are feeling the chocolate, natural beauty's style at the moment.


Lupita is seen here in this stunning Ralph Lauren dress and cape at the Golden Globes 2014.

"I love colour and gravitate towards solid block colours. I like clean lines and a classic look, but I also like to have a sense of humour and wear things that put a smile on my face." says the 30 year old. Well, you go girl!



Yellow is my new color crush! So this mind-blowing yellow J.Mendel number works for me for obvious reasons. "I like to wear things, I don't like things to wear me. I don't like fuss!" There's a girl after my heart!



How absolutely gorgeous is this cocoa beauty in Prabal Gurung?! Love the subtle show of skin...and her hair? **sigh** subject for another post.




http://static.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Lupita-Nyongo-2014-Palm-Springs-International-Film-Festival-January-2014-BellaNaija.jpg


   Seen here in Ellie Saab Couture, the Yale Drama School graduate scores another winner for me.









 Lupita proves she can rock bold prints and still look effortlessly beautiful. The actress is breathtaking in this blue and yellow Carolina Herrera piece.





 Saved the best for last! Looking undeniably sexy, the actress wows yet again in this smoldering Givenchy ensemble, probably her sexiest look till date. Can't wait to see what she would wear for the Oscars this weekend. I really hope she wins!











Is Lupita Nyong'o your style crush and for what reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment